Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> The Ultimate Racing Game, Because sometimes WMMT isn't enough
Deskyx
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,078

From the many racing game forums I have visited, generally there will always be a topic about how one guy suggests an extravagant and nearly impossible to make racing game. I have noticed that there is no lack of said topics here, but since everyone has different opinions on what their ideal racing game would be, I thought an entire topic dedicated to it would be nice.

So let's hear it then!
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 4,234

hmm

GT's physics/car list with forza's customisation (engine/drivetrain swaps & graphics etc) ... and TDU-size freeroam map ?

i didn't think too long about it but i feel like that'd be pretty good.

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Sep 29 2014, 09:25 AM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
UbeR
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 03:26 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 9,098

^ I agree with Phil.
PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Sep 29 2014, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Member No.: 4,759

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 7 hours, 7 minutes ago)
hmm

GT's physics/car list with forza's customisation (engine/drivetrain swaps & graphics etc) ... and TDU-size freeroam map ?

i didn't think too long about it but i feel like that'd be pretty good.

Lemme revise that:

GT's physics / car list (old and new)
Forza's customization and Damage physics (including GT5's damage)
TDU-size Freeroam map with multiregional options meaning we're not limited to just one big map; choice like US / Japan / Euro
with Genki's / GT's replay variations & save-replay functions

This post has been edited by Gunma's 34 on Sep 29 2014, 04:28 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Deskyx
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 03:59 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Not just something that makes you happy, just a racing game that makes only YOU happy, by adding completely implausible or strange features that only you think you will enjoy. Actually, we already have the game you mentioned, its called Forza Horizon. Just wish we had more tuning parts and less douchey atmosphere.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 04:51 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

its called Forza Horizon

forza horizon's car list was pretty f**king weak tbh. the handling is more arcadey than regular forza too (though im not so fussed about that)

oh and, you can't even change settings (suspension settings or transmission or downforce or any of that).

but you can in the new one. and i guess the car list might be a little better than the first one.

hmmm keeping on topic ... NFSU 3. now if they made that, keep gameplay and tuning and whatnot all the same like it was in NFSU 2, just add a ton more cars and maybe forza-style paint shop.

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Sep 30 2014, 04:58 AM
Deskyx
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Ehh. I don't know about you, but I think NFSU should just die already, or face being re birthed as a super drifty, power up using and no single player game just like HP2010. Despite what people say that its "a return to the roots" it isn't, its just another mindless arcade game to sell to 10 year olds.

However Midnight Club could use a resurrection.
PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

QUOTE (Deskyx @ 4 hours, 0 minutes ago)
Ehh. I don't know about you, but I think NFSU should just die already, or face being re birthed as a super drifty, power up using and no single player game just like HP2010. Despite what people say that its "a return to the roots" it isn't, its just another mindless arcade game to sell to 10 year olds.

However Midnight Club could use a resurrection.

what do you mean it should just die already? they haven't made one of those for 10 years
Benovelence
Posted: Sep 30 2014, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

I got a poison for any of you guys here to choose :

background :
A)city
B)mountains
C)tracks
D)all of the above

gameplay :
A)true to life
B)arcade
C)simcade
D)[Insert your prefered gameplay handling model from any games you know]

car selection :
A)realistic manufacturers
B)Genki-style unlicensed cars
C)fantasy cars
D)[Insert your answer here]

music selection :
A to Z)[Insert your answer here]

I personally take a mix of NFS(graphics),TXR/SB01+Kaido Series(gameplay),GT(AI) and Forza(Cars)

>inb4 GT has more cars
retort : its mostly variants of it...by year to year...

>inb4 NFS sucks horse dick
retort : but you can't deny that the graphics aspect is good right?

>inb4 TXR/SB01xKaido Battle is years old
retort : go ahead and play it and take time with it..

>inb4 Forza sucks ass
retort : not necessarily true..They do take note of what people ACTUALLY wanted..like example a high HP builds supra's and whatnot...Engine swaps was a very cool detail...
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 03:07 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

Waah, no love for Midnight Club? That stuff was the killer in 2005. Thing is even more fast paced than WMMT.

My personal idea is to have the game world split into three "states" all connected with huge ass expressway. One state would be a mash of European environments, and another would be American environments and a Japanese/Asian environment. As for the physics, it should have an option like in early NFSs, arcade vs simulation. Car selection should be realistic of course. Unless you happen to be mid 2000s Namco or Criterion, most of your cars just look very generic or overstyled.

But the most important part should be the customization. TBH I find Forza's "customization" a joke. Where's the wide body kits? Why only 5 bumpers? True customization is like NFSU2's, nearly limitless.

PMEmail Poster
WRX22B1998
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

hmm actually juiced 2 had quite a good selection of licensed parts. car choice was okay too. but the handling was rubbish

licensed bodykits to go along with wheels and whatnot would be nice.

i didnt love midnight club nor hate it. but midnight club LA handling was ridiculous, traffic was a giant pain in the dick at the worst possible time, i dunno.

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Oct 1 2014, 07:23 AM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 12:13 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

Forza Horizon 2 could've been our answer; if it werent for the car classifications (can't pit a GT-R32 VS hypercars) and the Xbox exclusivity.

like Phil said, Midnight Club's physics are totally ridiculous.

TDU1 was the answer to our queries; though quite limited
- had highway and mountain and circuit races
- no external mods / tuning
- limited internals
- car classification (though rectified by mods but still limited due to car classifications)

Forza Horizon 2 revamped that but yeah... xbox only

Gran Turismo finally had a huge map almost like a segment of FH2 / TDU but still not enough; and no traffic feature, etc.

Shutokou battle was there but mainly focused on Tokyo (there was the expansion of Nagoya and Osaka) but still - single themed. There was traffic but limited to just HiAces; C1GP had more variety (lets you VS traffic) but too circuit-y

Kaido battle was another reference but the AI was either hard sh*t (Chain Reaction) or utter sh*t (Touge no Densetsu, less a couple of AI like Kaido God Shift Bunta, Kaido President, Highway Empress, Jintei, and Emo king), also single themed.

GRID's picturesque city, mountain sprints, and circuits could've been that too but no free roam, no traffic variety (on Showdown/overtake) and too pro-racing-involved.

There's the Crew by Ubisoft but there are some unanswered things such as lack of replay, limited car list.
CarlRaven
Posted: Oct 1 2014, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Mist at Dawn. Maybe in Greater Rifts.

Member No.: 9,078

I would have to say Grid. I've been straying away from NFS ever since I wasted my cash on The Run. I own all 3 games anyway.

Picturesque cities, tracks and coastal locations are a yes to me!
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Oct 2 2014, 04:34 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ Yesterday, 4:19 PM)
I would have to say Grid. I've been straying away from NFS ever since I wasted my cash on The Run. I own all 3 games anyway.

Picturesque cities, tracks and coastal locations are a yes to me!

I personally enjoyed the first Grid very much. I think the physics engine is one of the finest arcade racing physics ever built. However, the track designs except Okuyama is a bit dull, I don't like the car list, you can't build your own race car and your teammate in Grid 1 is absolutely retarded in disciplines that isn't his specialty.

I dunno about you, but I find the kaido games as not very good. Limited customization, the fact that there's a bloody 350Z as a mandatory rival when the only cars you have access to were Kei cars and the drift engine isn't very good.
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Oct 3 2014, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

Yeah, it took me a while to get used to the drift scoring system in Grid, coming from the other two games.

I was used to the drift system in the other two.

The thing I don't like about Grid is the teammate thing and the same colour used on all of your cars.
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: Oct 3 2014, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

I liked having a teammate in Grid..case in-point especially its a very skillful expensive teammate literally shreds the AI's and mounts you a good cash reward...The teammate feature is omitted in later Grid games..which is a not bad of a thing since 90% of the time you are solo racing but the rewards in Grid 1 outweighs the cons...

PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Oct 3 2014, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

The worst teammate possible will still tear the competition to pieces as long as that is his specialty. If not, expect some of the worst driving ever exhibited by an AI. I liked the liveries though, very unique designs.
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Oct 7 2014, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

b*tch please, BG4 PRO TUNE

only thing real super bad about it is eventually u will get tried of the game (due to no updates or later versions), then u realize u can just pretty much drive a real car instead period

PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Oct 7 2014, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (N643 @ 5 minutes, 31 seconds ago)
b*tch please, BG4 PRO TUNE

Battle Gear was awful. No other racing game felt as slower or had more confusing menus than it. I only played BG3 though. To this date I still had no idea how to modify the cars.
PMEmail Poster
CarlRaven
Posted: Oct 7 2014, 10:55 PM
Quote Post

Taito hasn't released a new BG since 2006 or 2007? I guess they aren't really interested in it anymore.....
PMEmail Poster
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 8 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

a.k.a. MyogiWarrior34

QUOTE (Deskyx @ Yesterday, 10:49 PM)
Battle Gear was awful. No other racing game felt as slower or had more confusing menus than it. I only played BG3 though. To this date I still had no idea how to modify the cars.

Battle Gear 3 is the closest you can get to an actual simulator. I doubt you could call it awful on that standpoint.

The tuning requires a Gear.Net key (literally a key issued by the machine / arcade) and is the only way to have a "tuned" car. If you have the console version, tuning it is easy (aestheically speaking). It was meant to utilize the naturalness of the cars and not overpowering them. They fall on the same rules as that of Gran Turismo Arcade ver. and Enthusia, but on a more realistic / real time pace.

[ Post merged on Oct 8 2014, 02:41 PM ]
QUOTE (Deskyx @ Oct 2 2014, 04:34 AM)
I personally enjoyed the first Grid very much. I think the physics engine is one of the finest arcade racing physics ever built. However, the track designs except Okuyama is a bit dull, I don't like the car list, you can't build your own race car and your teammate in Grid 1 is absolutely retarded in disciplines that isn't his specialty.

I dunno about you, but I find the kaido games as not very good. Limited customization, the fact that there's a bloody 350Z as a mandatory rival when the only cars you have access to were Kei cars and the drift engine isn't very good.

Really? You had trouble with that one Supporter in the 350Z at Hakone? And you don't simply start off with Kei cars, there are other C class and B class cars accessible. He was fairly easy (unless you were referring to KB2:Chain Reaction)

And the customization is more in depth than you think; sure body wise it's limited but that's not the main focus of the game.

------

The teammate issue with GRID is looking for teh right one (outside Ravenwest) - getting the right teammate merits you like what they last mentioned - big $$$ in-game and there are AIs that perform well on all fields, other than just that one specialty. I was able to get 1 no problem and let him take the wins... in hard mode.
CarlRaven
Posted: Oct 8 2014, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

My current teammate in Grid is awesome! His specialty is Prestige, but he shows himself pretty well in other car classes.
PMEmail Poster
N643
Posted: Oct 8 2014, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

only used by a chinese guy who has nothing to do while playing the game

Member No.: 1,878

QUOTE (CarlRaven @ Yesterday, 11:55 PM)
Taito hasn't released a new BG since 2006 or 2007? I guess they aren't really interested in it anymore.....

they cant really make money off it as most ppl just buy the machines & play offline, as they thought online would be expensive back in the day

eventually bg4 will die off, due to being too real & most ppl would just drive a real car (thats why most ppl went back to playing mt/id as it was less real & more fun in the longer run)

also no other game gave u a e-brake & clutch as well as (almost) real life physicals, this aint no cruising usa or rush hour
PMEmail Poster
Deskyx
Posted: Oct 9 2014, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

Closet Weaboo

QUOTE (Gunma's 34 @ Yesterday, 1:37 PM)

Really? You had trouble with that one Supporter in the 350Z at Hakone? And you don't simply start off with Kei cars, there are other C class and B class cars accessible. He was fairly easy (unless you were referring to KB2:Chain Reaction)

And the customization is more in depth than you think; sure body wise it's limited but that's not the main focus of the game.

That Z was definitely not a supporter. He was a medalist if I remember correctly. This isn't TXRD2, TXRD2 had some nice cars to pick from like a 180SX. The fastest starting car in that game if I remember correctly was the Nissan March.

In Grid, swapping to an even moderately skilled teammate will have him slaughter the competition at times. I swapped my starting teammate with another rookie with a bit more in the skill department and he wasted everyone in the GT1 event.
PMEmail Poster
RIT_ninja
Posted: Nov 19 2014, 06:35 PM
Quote Post

Got Pedometer?

Member No.: 213

By ultimate, do you mean fun or realistic?

Fun means arcade physics and using a controller, which I would say Forza Horizon 2, it has great graphics and a good car list people actually car about

Realistic I say Live for Speed on PC, there's Initial D mods and even support for Oculus Rift if you have a good racing wheel setup. It's tough deciding between this and Asseto Corsa

But the word ultimate is vague

This post has been edited by RIT_ninja on Nov 19 2014, 06:37 PM

Topic Options 2 Pages  1 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll