Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> So One Manga is no more, how do you feel?, Share your rants, opinions and feelings
Bloody_Monday
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 01:43 AM
Quote Post

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,943

If you're an avid One Manga reader than you might notice now that they have taken all the mangas down. I mean ALL of them.
I personally feel like I need to shoot manga publishers just like shooting at the music industry. They honestly think that we are all pirates and don't want to buy mangas because we can read them for free. Well those f***ers better step in our shoes and feel how it's like being a manga reader that want to crave for more content.
Honestly, I think that physical products are way better than digital, like owning a cd is better than owning some mp3s but then we don't get much manga content outside Japan nor do some have the capability to understand the language.
And yet, publishers always come with shallow contents (for example only releasing the popular stuffs such as Naruto), late releases, bad translations and overpriced because they just can and want to make more money. Comparing to scanlators and translators that does a MUCH better job than them, do it with their blood and sweat and for free.
I want to support the artist, but here, where I live, I just can't.
That's my rant, opinion and feelings for today. Share yours if you want.

Note: I know that there are other sites to read manga but One Manga is the special one because of it's easy to use interface and much caring by the ones who got the site.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Saint
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 02:09 AM
Quote Post

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 5,801

Oh that was announced last week (though it officially took down their manga today), and I'm not in favour of the close down, obviously. Lol.

I've been using OM for many years, and it introduced me lots of new interesting manga that I'd never heard of in the mainstream media. I certainly understand the publishers' sentiments regarding piracy though. But still, it's really a shame for smaller titles, because they'll probably never get outside Japan to be enjoyed by the world.

OM is the most convenient manga site to me so far. It loads pretty fast because of its simplicity, which was really helpful considering my Internet speed. pinch2.gif It's sad to see it go. sad.gif

We can always go to other sites anyway. Hope the fire won't burn them all.

This post has been edited by Saint on Aug 2 2010, 02:10 AM
PMMSN
*DAN*
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

ಠ_ಠ

Member No.: 5,129

It's pretty shit that One Manga's gone, was such an easy site to use compared to the other ones.
PMEmail PosterMSN
roxas3
Posted: Aug 2 2010, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Camera freak and loving it!

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 1,131

Not surprised but I feel that the manga publishers in the US and down here in OZ should actually sit up and take notice that yeah, people does this because they're not going to wait around 2 months for one tankabon and actually go to these sites and support this sort of behaviour. Now, I'm not actively promoting this sort of behaviour but I believe manga publishers in the US are just taking everything for granted.

Heck, I refuse to buy any English manga these days as most of my manga collection is in Chinese or Japanese. The rare few English I buy is because I was stupid enough to believe the translations are alright. Obviously, Americanisation of Japanese culture doesn't work...
PMEmail Poster
burntrounds
Posted: Aug 3 2010, 04:08 AM
Quote Post

The Sleepy Player

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,786

DOWNLOAD THE manga stragiht from the translators
PMEmail Poster
Modoki
Posted: Aug 4 2010, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 5,262

Although mangastream doesnt have a large list like onemanga, its better than nothing.

onemanga is the equivalent to a fansub group distributing anime videos for the fandom community, apparently one day a american company would acquire the rights to the anime and slap a C&D letter to the group.

Onemanga has been in the red for quite sometime. Shueisha for one was very displeased with places like onemanga offering translated scanlations and attempted test the waters with these groups but failed. This was expected to happen
PMEmail Poster
Rendy
Posted: Aug 5 2010, 10:43 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 1,721

The problem is I am seeking for Captain Tsubasa series, Eyeshield 21 and Yakitate Japan. Onemanga is gone, perhaps, I'm seeking for another sites... Any other alternatives?
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Mr.K Z/28
  Posted: Sep 14 2010, 09:42 AM
Quote Post

Legendary Emperor

Member No.: 2,243

Damn one is down that sux ass ive gone on that site for years.. Pretty crappy i find it out on here first its been a bit since ive gone on there.
PMEmail Poster
FONGSTAA
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 11:45 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 6,878

If you all well and truly love your manga.

Please support animea.net
Its probably the only site thats still alive which provides scan (and ive been using it since its opened)
PMEmail Poster
ac101
Posted: Sep 23 2010, 08:33 PM
Quote Post

絶対領域 ratio: best math ratio EVER

Member No.: 903

PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 05:43 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

QUOTE (burntrounds @ Aug 3 2010, 04:08 AM)
DOWNLOAD THE manga stragiht from the translators

that is one of the most brilliiant idea's!!

So,anyways to contact the translators??
PMEmail Poster
TeDng
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 06:28 AM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 6,015

so far onemanga is the best. i even got a one manga add on for chrome and i simply love the mobile version of onemanga.. i can just read them anywhere.. plus they upload the fastest
PM
ac101
Posted: Oct 5 2010, 02:50 PM
Quote Post

絶対領域 ratio: best math ratio EVER

Member No.: 903

mangastream is faster than onemanga, but mangastream's selection of manga is less...
but nevertheless...fastest for bleach, OP, and naruto
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll