Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

19 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 0 votes, 0.00 average.  Rate:  
> Gran Turismo 6, Official Topic
GT3 RS
Posted: Aug 13 2012, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 5,053

Yeah, I agree with the whole adding new RUFs thing. If they make them (plus the older models) premium I won't complain for the most part.

Though, I'd still be a bit disappointed because I wouldn't be able to drive these (which RUF doesn't have):
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

As for the real-life Shuto Expressway, I'd love it but I don't have my hopes up too high for it as we have generic versions of it (SSR5 and SSR7)...though, it'd be pretty cool if they'd connect them!

On another note...I hope they add more Group B rally cars, as well as more rally cars overall.
PM
WRX22B1998
Posted: Aug 13 2012, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

need more nissan skyline & mazda mx5 lul

This post has been edited by WRX22B1998 on Aug 13 2012, 07:22 PM
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMSN
Wanderer
Posted: Aug 13 2012, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,920

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ Today, 8:07 PM)
Yeah, I agree with the whole adding new RUFs thing. If they make them (plus the older models) premium I won't complain for the most part.

Though, I'd still be a bit disappointed because I wouldn't be able to drive these (which RUF doesn't have):
user posted image

At least they have the Yellowbird.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
RollingGuy
Posted: Aug 14 2012, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,575

As for why it'll be released at a closer date than the gab between GT4 and GT5, I can pretty much guess they'll just be refining things here and there and add more stuff.

If they would release the game near the end of 2013 then I'd expect there to be no more standard cars or at least a ratio of 80:20, P/S.

Since I'm guessing they started from scratch or something close to that with how GT4 was released on the PS2 and GT5 released on the PS3. But hey, they did have GTHD which was somehow a mini port of GT4.

Meh, it's not like I know if it's possible to just port the physics engine or whatever. I just hope we have less standard cars and more premiums. I hate blacked out interiors and crappy models. ESPECIALLY THE SHIGENO AE86. The stock AE86's are better. It felt like the car model was from GT3.
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: Aug 14 2012, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

E P I C D A N K M E M E S

Member No.: 7,803

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ Yesterday, 4:41 PM)
Not sure if they'll do it though since it might be seen as street racing

If they made it possible with SSR5 and SSR7, why not? Just have the sponsor boards placed all around the track to make it look like an officially-sanctioned track... lol

And one Porsche I'd bowl over for is the 930 Slantnose (or the RSR in MT). Deym sexy~

SPOILER
PMEmail Poster
RollingGuy
Posted: Aug 15 2012, 02:40 AM
Quote Post

WME Metropolitan Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,575

Yeah, I don't think it's a problem. Look at how Genki did it with Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix. Same with their touge tracks on their Kaido Battle series.

I really wish we have authentic or something close to real mountain passes in Gran Turismo.. I don't particularly like looping around a track that DOES look like a touge. Same reason why I hate Lake Akina and Usui in Initial D arcade.
PMEmail Poster
GT3 RS
Posted: Aug 15 2012, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Yesterday, 3:25 PM)
And one Porsche I'd bowl over for is the 930 Slantnose (or the RSR in MT). Deym sexy~

SPOILER

Well, lucky for you, RUF made a slantnose version of the BTR. There's a good chance the RUF version could make it in there. But then again...the car is extremely rare. Only a handful are known to exist.
user posted image
user posted image

I've actually seen this specific car in person many times. It's still for sale at a place in my area.
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: Aug 22 2012, 10:14 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

A couple of promising things to report. In an interview with VG24/7, Shuhei Yoshida, President of SCE Worldwide, had this to say regarding the series:

Kazunori seems to have started talking about, so I won’t be surprised to hear more about their plans, our plans, on future Gran Turismo rather soon.

It should be noted that Yoshida’s mention of “our plans”, refers to Sony Computer Entertainment. It fuels speculation that GT6 may appear on new hardware. The next oppurtunity to hear a major announcement from Sony or PD is the Tokyo Game Show, which kicks off in a little under a month.

Also, a team of Sony/PD engineers were spotted at a tuning shop south of LA, capturing exhaust sounds for the Hyundai Veloster and Genesis Coupe on a dyno.
user posted image
Seen in the photo are some of the Japanese engineers, including what may be US Gran Turismo producer Taku Imasaki.
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 09:14 AM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Silverstone may be coming to GT...local sources familiar with the matter have seen a PD team scan, photograph, and collect data from the track over several visits. They were also seen driving this special Nissan truck on the Stowe Circuit, a smaller track contained inside Silverstone.
user posted image
PM
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: Sep 20 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 2,552

VIR and Road Atlanta plz
PMEmail Poster
*DAN*
Posted: Sep 26 2012, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

ಠ_ಠ

Member No.: 5,129

More BMW plz
PMEmail PosterMSN
GT3 RS
Posted: Feb 25 2013, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Time to revive this thread a bit. SCE Europe senior VP Michael Denny has casually suggested GT6 will come out on the PS3, and not the highly anticipated PS4.

In an interview with Silicon Republic, he had this to say:

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA,” Denny listed. “It’s important for our content to have that kind of longevity because, as I was saying [about the PS Vita], the games that come through are going to get better and better over time.”

As SCE's highest selling first-party series, it'd be very awkward to release the next title on the PS3 as the company shifts its focus to the 4. However, it is worth noting the two first-party titles he mentioned in his comments, The Last of Us, and Beyond: Two Souls, have both been formally announced with confirmed release dates in 2013 on the PS3.
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: Feb 27 2013, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Due to widespread confusion and controversy about Denny's comments, Silicon Republic has released an audio snippet that contains Denny's comments about GT6 being on the PS3. You can listen to the 51-second clip here. He sounds confident and assured as he talks about the game, which further fuels speculation.

Silicon Republic released this because everyone thought the comments were inaccurately transscribed or recorded.

GT6 coming out on PS3 makes complete sense. Who knows, the game could be 60% done, and putting it on the PS4 could mean starting completely over. That would delay the game massively. Also, GT6 has pretty much been in development since GT5 released. And, if history is right, we won't have a long wait if GT6 is released on the PS3; there was just a 3 or 4 year wait (depending on if you were in Japan or not) between GT3 and GT4, which were both released on the PS2.

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on Feb 27 2013, 11:12 AM
PM
RIT_ninja
Posted: Feb 28 2013, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Got Pedometer?

Member No.: 213

I'd say GT6 would address all the issues and give fans what they want...which is why they specifically ignored the issues and only focus on fixing the core of the game...Kazunori himself never liked the idea of DLC but many requests convinced him to add a few to PSN...but polyphony isn't money hungry like Turn 10...they rather wait until the next game to give fans what they want so they can sell more copies than forza
GT3 RS
Posted: Feb 28 2013, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

IGN picked up the story yesterday, and managed to get a brief statement from a Sony spokesperson:

All a Sony rep was willing to tell us was the following: “In 2010, Kazunori Yamauchi confirmed that Polyphony Digital had commenced development for Gran Turismo 6. We look forward to sharing further details on this title in the near future.” When pressed for more information beyond that, Sony refused to give us further comment.

It's important to note that this was a clear opportunity for Sony to downplay or back away from Denny’s comments, but they didn’t take it. Also, it's important to note that the spokesperson said that they "look forward to sharing further details on this title in the near future."

Either his comments were true – and fans should prepare for a GT6 release within 10 months – or they’re buying more time before building hype around the game’s eventual release on the PlayStation 4. I bet it'll be on PS3.

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on Feb 28 2013, 06:34 PM
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: Mar 3 2013, 11:18 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

A "highly significant" PS3 title is "yet to be announced". Jim Ryan, CEO of SCE Europe, has made a statement in an interview with the Playstation Blog that may support VP Denny's comments about GT6 coming to the PS3.

PSB: Where does the PlayStation 4 announcement leave PlayStation 3?

JR: Typically history can help us only so far here. We’re actually still selling PS2s in regions such as the Middle East seven years after we introduced PS3. There are a number of reasons why the transition might be a bit more accelerated this time round, but PS3 is a very important part of our portfolio, certainly in 2013, 2014 and probably beyond that.

I’d point to the software line-up on PS3 that we have coming up – God of War: Ascension next month, The Last of Us, which is looking great, and Beyond later in the year. And there’s other stuff yet to be announced which is highly significant too. There’s a lot coming on PS3 and it’s going to be very important to us for some time yet.

His answer was similar to Michael Denny’s (who was also present at this interview), who also cited The Last of Us and Beyond, but perhaps let Gran Turismo 6 - which would certainly be a “highly significant” title for the console – slip out.

So, what do you guys think? Will we see GT6 in the next 9-10 months on the PS3? Or will it be on the PS4 in a few years?

This post has been edited by GT3 RS on Mar 3 2013, 11:20 PM
PM
GT3 RS
Posted: May 8 2013, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Things seem to be getting serious with GT6...a week from today, there will be an event held at Silverstone celebrating 15 years of the Gran Turismo franchise. Sony released this video.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mUK1VLZXNK4 )

A couple of important notes:

-The on-track footage switches between real life and PD-style graphics. This may be the first look at PD's rendition of Silverstone (remember, they scanned it last summer).
-The GT-R that is the main focus of the video passes 5 different cars. Each have number plates GT1 through 5. At the end, the car with the GT5 plate is passed by this GT-R and crosses the finish line.
-After the track footage, the Gran Turismo logo is shown. Next to it, a count from 1-5 occurs, then there's a blinking underscore after 5.

What do you guys think will be announced next Wednesday? It sounds like something big, and there's alot of hype around it.
PM
Spec-Vermillion
Posted: May 9 2013, 06:15 AM
Quote Post

Mysterion

Member No.: 8,905

QUOTE (GT3 RS @ Yesterday, 8:03 PM)
Things seem to be getting serious with GT6...a week from today, there will be an event held at Silverstone celebrating 15 years of the Gran Turismo franchise. Sony released this video.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mUK1VLZXNK4 )

A couple of important notes:

-The on-track footage switches between real life and PD-style graphics. This may be the first look at PD's rendition of Silverstone (remember, they scanned it last summer).
-The GT-R that is the main focus of the video passes 5 different cars. Each have number plates GT1 through 5. At the end, the car with the GT5 plate is passed by this GT-R and crosses the finish line.
-After the track footage, the Gran Turismo logo is shown. Next to it, a count from 1-5 occurs, then there's a blinking underscore after 5.

What do you guys think will be announced next Wednesday? It sounds like something big, and there's alot of hype around it.

Hmm..
Announcing of GT6? Just a guess. Or a trailer..
PMEmail Poster
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 9 2013, 07:09 AM
Quote Post

I have no idea what I'm doing

Member No.: 7,637

Apparently they're relaunching their site too...the GT site: err...looks like it was relaunched today lol: http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/

Also I do seem to recall that SONY mentioned that they were planning some event before E3. E3 is in June, it's currently May...GT6 for PS3-4? Maybe they'll coincide, who knows.

This post has been edited by Blue-Sensei on May 9 2013, 07:12 AM
PMEmail Poster
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: May 9 2013, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

I won't buy any ideas seeing that anything can happen on May 15.

I'll just wait and see what the event will offer.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
GT3 RS
Posted: May 10 2013, 12:31 AM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

Whatever may happen, Sony appears to be making it a major thing. Who knows what it'll be.

[ Post merged on May 10 2013, 10:50 PM ]
Sony issued a press release for the event, which can be read here. One paragraph stands out in particular...

This mutual respect and increasing blurring of the lines between the virtual and real, has led to the Silverstone event being well supported by a host of other manufacturers as well, such as Audi, BMW, Ford, Honda, Jaguar, KTM, Mercedes Benz, Tesla and Toyota. Real-life versions of their cars, old and new, familiar to the legions of passionate Gran Turismo fans will be on display and on-track as part of the event.

Now, one of those manufacturers should stand out...KTM. They're an Austrian bike company which only produces one car, the X-Bow. For those who may not know what it looks like...it's a lightweight, open-air car powered by a turbocharged, four-cylinder Audi engine.
user posted image

KTM has never had the X-Bow featured in Gran Turismo. KTM also didn't have any of their bikes featured in Tourist Trophy. Could this mean KTM is coming to Gran Turismo? Could this also mean that Kaz could be putting more variety into the game's lineup of cars?

Also, for those wondering about the site, the Asian sites were updated last month, and the European and North American sites got those updates this week. Read more here.
PM
+-!mma_N00B-+
Posted: May 10 2013, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

時よ止まれ!

Member No.: 7,398

user posted image
Normalaatsra
Posted: May 14 2013, 06:15 PM
Quote Post

Global Terrorist

Member No.: 8,984

WRX22B1998
Posted: May 14 2013, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

22B - Ultimate Impreza

Member No.: 4,234

QUOTE (Normalaatsra @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
user posted image

Welp.

an empty page saying gran turismo 6? ermm2.gif sowat
GT3 RS
Posted: May 14 2013, 11:26 PM
Quote Post

WME King Cat

QUOTE (WRX22B1998 @ 4 hours, 3 minutes ago)
an empty page saying gran turismo 6?  ermm2.gif sowat

I think we can all admit that that page gives us an even better hint at what will be announced in just a few hours... w00t2.gif w00t2.gif w00t2.gif dribble.gif

Besides, why else would they have a GT6 page on their website? lol

Time to cue this:
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTCrpCCiouc )
PM

Topic Options 19 Pages  1 2 3 4 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll