E86
  Posted: Oct 5 2009, 12:25 PM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 2

Good afternoon WME members,

Recently, I've noticed an increase in disrespectful expressions being made toward our sister site IDW throughout WME. As the site operator for both sites, I understand the needs to express yourself on a subject, but this is simply not acceptable. I would like to take the chance to thank the members, both on IDW and WME, who remain neutral throughout the recent debacle. It involved a group of members here trailing a particular board member whose name I will not mention, all the way to IDW and caused quite a scene.

As a result, I have pull the plug on the free hosting funding for WME. All hosting fund provided by IDW for WME has been retracted retroactively. It is unfortunate that a couple of bad apples had to ruin the whole barrel. But I suppose WME is big enough to support itself financially.

It just seemed ridiculous to me that a sister site which is paying for the hosting fee for this site, gets bashed to no ends. I still see subtle sarcastic remarks toward IDW here and there, you know who you are. There is a limit to leniency, let's try not to push it any further.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Protoman
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 04:28 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,735

There's some remarks being made that could be taken in that context, true.

I can't really speak for all posts that refer to IDWorld, but I take it with a grain of salt. Something similar to that of sibling rivalry. happy.gif

Yes, some statements can be construed in that sense when they're not meant to be taken in that sense. While sister forums, each have their own distinctions that separate them from one another, right? It's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'd say each forum caters to a different audience, and the way they are run compensate for that audience, and people point that out.

That in mind, I kinda feel pulling the plug on the free hosting funding may have been a tad hasty, but that's just my input.
PMEmail Poster
RB33
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Elder Magic Practitioner
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 167

Just my two cents worth:

There's bound to be some form of snide remarks from time to time between the members of WME and IDW... Its an extreme form of "loyalty" so to speak... You really can't avoid those... the moderators can only do so much to control it... its really up to the members of both sites to make sure that the snide remarks won't escalate into anything more than remarks...

As for pulling the plug on free hosting, I don't really know if that will help or escalate the issue since (IMO) majority of the members here, including some of those who made the unruly comments, aren't aware that WME was financially supported by IDW.

This post has been edited by RB33 on Oct 5 2009, 05:23 PM
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,760

Is there any hope left to repent our ways?
PMEmail PosterMSN
E86
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

I guess I used the wrong choice of words on my parts. By saying "pulling the plug," I really meant WME will be financially independent. The only part that could be taken as a gesture of retribution was the fact that the funds were retracted retroactively. Either way, there will be no changes whatsoever except the fact that WME now bears a deficit and IDW gets some money back. (Both sites will continue to operate normally)

This is really behind the scene stuff, but the latest round of bashing on that particular member who I won't name, finally did it for me. To me, I think this is more effective than just a public warning to everyone involved. And I don't know if not knowing IDW was financially supporting WME an excuse to bash a sister site. (I don't see any bashing of WME on IDW.) The age group on WME is very similar to that of IDW, so I do not think age plays a factor here either. Hopefully this will put both sites on equal footing and put things in perspective a little.
Geo
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

Well mostly the incident has been gotten over except a few nit-pickers here and there taking it a bit more.

Personally, I reckon most of the Aussies have gotten over it. We've had our giggles and now we're moved on.
PMEmail PosterMSN
ac101
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:18 PM
Quote Post

絶対領域 ratio: best math ratio EVER

Group: Core Members
Member No.: 903

the damage has been done already...wme has to take this and learn from it, because in the end, wme started this whole thing, no matter how you look at it.

being a mod of wme, im sad to say, i have failed in preventing this from happening, and for that, i sincerely apologize to perry and everyone on both IDW and WME.

when this whole thing started, i did go to IDW and see what has happened, but i didnt do enough to stop it then and it got more out of hand.

this just has to be the wakeup call for everyone here in wme.
the member jumping the forum first was harassed here, members from here followed him to IDW and continued wat they were doing(the so-called raid) and thought idw was as forgiving as wme.
those all point to wme being in the wrong, so what perry has done now, even if it might be abit extreme, we just have to accept it

i'll continue this once i get on my computer, thumb is cramping
PMEmail Poster
Protoman
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Member No.: 4,735

I don't understand how the deficit would help the budget, as that could very well bankrupt the forum. Sister sites, while bashing each other, can still support each other financially. Just a little sibling rivalry going on, but I agree it should not get out of hand. (what's defined as "getting out of hand" is also a relative term, so I can only trust your judgment)

I must say, though the age group may be similar, I was suggesting that the types of people that visit the forums are different as well as the way things are run, which makes for a very different environment.

Pointing out differences may not be malicious in nature, but that depends on each post. It's not as far as the reyherks incident where everyone agreed that he went over the top, but having other incidents that are in the grey area really defines how a forum is different from other ones. I wouldn't say it's a bad thing in this case, but it's just that one person made it difficult. People can't really be blamed because the repeated advice fell on deaf ears. That's just me though.

I still suggest a a second chance is in order... if not that, but then at least for budgeting purposes.
PMEmail Poster
ac101
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

絶対領域 ratio: best math ratio EVER

Member No.: 903

budget problems can always be solved by having hardcore members of the forum donating, just like initial-d
PMEmail Poster
Geo
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

QUOTE (ac101 @ 53 seconds ago)
budget problems can always be solved by having hardcore members of the forum donating, just like initial-d

I will. In future. When I get money.
PMEmail PosterMSN
RB33
Posted: Oct 5 2009, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Elder Magic Practitioner
Group Icon

Member No.: 167

QUOTE (ac101 @ 22 minutes, 46 seconds ago)

Well, WME doesn't seem to have a shortage of loyal and hardcore members... But it remains to be seen if there enough hardcore members that have the ability to donate.

Just playing devil's advocate here...

@E86
Ignorance is not really an excuse but more of an awareness issue... If many more were aware of the fact that WME was supported by IDW, then that might have given pause to some (if not many) of those who participated in the recent ruckus... Its something that we call "delicadeza" over here in the Philippines. Then again, many might've simply not care at all and just join in the furball...
PMEmail Poster
DOHC
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 06:34 AM
Quote Post

i like nuts

Member No.: 374

QUOTE (Geo @ Yesterday, 6:27 PM)
I will. In future. When I get money.

We can always set up a Youtube partner account
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: Oct 6 2009, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Member No.: 367

If enough people have a problem with the forum they're being supported by, then by all means WME should be self sufficient. I can't say I'm blameless either. I continue to feel that there LEGITIMATE reasons some of us, including myself prefer WME to IDW. But that's no reason to make ad hominem and otherwise fallacious arguments about the other forum's members, governance, or prevailing attitudes. I've been busy trying to hustle for work recently and the new "Casa De J" so I haven't been able to really see what's what recently. If you like this forum, contribute.
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: Oct 22 2009, 09:52 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 894

Wow Perry, you're alive, why haven't you replied to any of my or flyer's pm's?

"It just seemed ridiculous to me that a sister site which is paying for the hosting fee for this site,"

Seems ridiculous to me to make a claim like that when you were getting hosting for free from me and abusing that for months on end.

"But I suppose WME is big enough to support itself financially."

It always has, you just like free things instead of taking responsibility for paying for things you own.

AC - "budget problems can always be solved by having hardcore members of the forum donating"

Not if their generousity gets abused to no end.

You sapped me out of hundreds without so much as a response, Perry, consider this a small ( I emphasize the word small, because you haven't lost anything yet) case of Karma.

No, I haven't posted in months and don't expect to further, I was just waiting for the Karma-train to make a stop at Perry's house. There's no way in hell I'd continue visiting and supporting a site with administrators who took my help, and cost me hundreds in the process while they abused it for what it wasn't meant.

And you actually expect people to really consider throwing hosting fees and bandwidth your way in a "why me" plea as you *allegedly* pull all your "financing" (I use the term loosely because most of it is FREE) from IDW out of this site?

I seriously pity whoever would support you past this point. Hopefully they'll be wise enough to put their money away instead of giving up services to you so you can sap them dry for your benefit.

You cost me $576.39, still not gonna reply to any of my PM's?

Karma, baby. Sweet stuff.

This post has been edited by MaxX on Oct 22 2009, 09:54 PM
DOHC
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

i like nuts

One word to say:God dam?????? =O

No, I haven't posted in months and don't expect to further, I was just waiting for the Karma-train to make a stop at Perry's house.

Well that sucks....

Why havent any of the member have be informed of the actual truth

This post has been edited by DOHC on Oct 23 2009, 07:23 AM
PMEmail Poster
MaxX
Posted: Oct 23 2009, 02:55 PM
Quote Post

Wangan Legend

Member No.: 894

They were, in the "OST" thread in the feedback forum.

This post has been edited by MaxX on Oct 23 2009, 02:55 PM
Paladinoras
Posted: Oct 27 2009, 05:42 AM
Quote Post

Pimp It Up

Member No.: 1,864

QUOTE (MaxX @ Oct 22 2009, 09:52 PM)
Wow Perry, you're alive, why haven't you replied to any of my or flyer's pm's?

"It just seemed ridiculous to me that a sister site which is paying for the hosting fee for this site,"

Seems ridiculous to me to make a claim like that when you were getting hosting for free from me and abusing that for months on end.

"But I suppose WME is big enough to support itself financially."

It always has, you just like free things instead of taking responsibility for paying for things you own.

AC - "budget problems can always be solved by having hardcore members of the forum donating"

Not if their generousity gets abused to no end.

You sapped me out of hundreds without so much as a response, Perry, consider this a small ( I emphasize the word small, because you haven't lost anything yet) case of Karma.

No, I haven't posted in months and don't expect to further, I was just waiting for the Karma-train to make a stop at Perry's house. There's no way in hell I'd continue visiting and supporting a site with administrators who took my help, and cost me hundreds in the process while they abused it for what it wasn't meant.

And you actually expect people to really consider throwing hosting fees and bandwidth your way in a "why me" plea as you *allegedly* pull all your "financing" (I use the term loosely because most of it is FREE) from IDW out of this site?

I seriously pity whoever would support you past this point. Hopefully they'll be wise enough to put their money away instead of giving up services to you so you can sap them dry for your benefit.

You cost me $576.39, still not gonna reply to any of my PM's?

Karma, baby. Sweet stuff.

I had no idea this happened... I was wondering why you stopped posting...
PMEmail Poster
Sunzabuto
  Posted: Dec 4 2009, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

I just read every post here and still have no idea wtf is going on.. ermm2.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
DOHC
Posted: Dec 4 2009, 08:42 AM
Quote Post

i like nuts

QUOTE (Sunzabuto @ 45 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
I just read every post here and still have no idea wtf is going on.. ermm2.gif

A lot of things changed here frm the last time you visit.... rolleyes.gif ..
PMEmail Poster
Sunzabuto
  Posted: Dec 7 2009, 11:34 AM
Quote Post

Rising SUNza on 355

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (DOHC @ Dec 4 2009, 10:42 AM)
A lot of things changed here frm the last time you visit.... rolleyes.gif ..

lol tell me about it, whats with all this jive about ppl raging at IDW or whatever?? confused.gif chair.gif
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
DOHC
Posted: Dec 7 2009, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

i like nuts

QUOTE (Sunzabuto @ 2 hours, 16 minutes ago)
lol tell me about it, whats with all this jive about ppl raging at IDW or whatever?? confused.gif chair.gif

We had a troll while back and decided to leave WM to IDW. Some of the members went to IDW and started to harass that one troll. Since IDW does not like WM works, couple of bans were issue from Apex(not E86 cool whistling.gif )
PMEmail Poster
E86
Posted: Jan 18 2010, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Lead Administrator
Group Icon

After 3.5 months after this topic was made, only one person donated. No matter how small the amount, a donation is a donation. Although paypal does incur fees on each donation. So effectively, the net donation was zero, but it was the thought that counts! smile.gif
Geo
Posted: Jan 18 2010, 08:16 PM
Quote Post

all bow before me
Group Icon

QUOTE (E86 @ 2 hours, 2 minutes ago)
After 3.5 months after this topic was made, only one person donated. No matter how small the amount, a donation is a donation. Although paypal does incur fees on each donation. So effectively, the net donation was zero, but it was the thought that counts! smile.gif

If PayPal isn't such a douche to me, I would gladly donate.
PMEmail PosterMSN
DOHC
Posted: Jan 19 2010, 06:09 AM
Quote Post

i like nuts

QUOTE (Geo @ 9 hours, 53 minutes ago)
If PayPal isn't such a douche to me, I would gladly donate.

Paypal is a douch to everybody
PMEmail Poster

Topic Options  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll