Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register ) Resend Validation Email

4 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
  • Thread Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.  Rate:  
> Bayshore Route, The real Japan Bayshore Route
ryo510
Posted: May 11 2012, 04:52 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,446

The Bayshore route, which notable for it's long 70 KM straight and wide road, often become a illegal racing spot where most people gets the thrill of 300 km/h despite being heavily guarded by local police enforcer.
PMEmail Poster
rx-666
Posted: May 11 2012, 06:02 AM
Quote Post

WME King Tiger

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,627

this is the first I'm hearing of it
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 11 2012, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

Member No.: 6,920

QUOTE (rx-666 @ Today, 7:02 AM)
this is the first I'm hearing of it was so heavily patrolled though.

It's the Wangan line bro. I didn't kno
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 11 2012, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

E P I C D A N K M E M E S

Member No.: 7,803

I heard that highway police in Japan in general don't chase cars after they go over a certain speed (c'mon, try catching a tuned car in a stock police car? Unless the police car is tuned as well...).

The revival of Midnight Club, now that's someting.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 11 2012, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

There is a speed camera every 10~20 kilometers away and sometimes road block set placed. What surprised me is the racers have every solution on most of Teh problems. And I heard a rumor from a friend of mine 2 years ago that the highest speed recorded by a speed-trap camera on the Wangan Route is over 400 km/h. On today's Hi-tech engineered supercars they are capable to achieve that speed but I wonder if the speed cameras be able to snap that kind of cars.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 11 2012, 08:32 AM
Quote Post

The Immortal Kaos Emperor
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 367

There is no speed achievable by a modern car that will allow you to evade a speed camera. They tried it on Mythbusters. The people doing a run usually just take off their plates.

For the most part a motorcycle cop in Japan will pursue regardless. Many of them are as crazy as the drivers they're chasing.
PMEmail Poster
Blue-Sensei
Posted: May 11 2012, 11:05 AM
Quote Post

I have no idea what I'm doing

Member No.: 7,637

That's not necessarily true...mythbusters tested it because top gear did it. On MB they were only able to do it with a dragster powered by a jet engine(f-4 i think) BUT the cams used in USA only take one shot. So they can track you at greater speeds...but the one on too gear takes two shots...it was beaten by a production car..think it was one of the tvrs not sure.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 11 2012, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Still It's still unreasonable to assume that it will work every time. For real world purposes it's highly improbable that you can beat every single speed camera on the line just by going fast. The area is so saturated with roaming police stops and places where they purposely slow you that beating a speed camera through excessive speed tends to be the last thing on anyone's mind. If you're going to be going that insane you just take off your plates, pull over later and put them back on. Now a days there's far less organized running on the expressway. The Wangan scene is just not the same anymore. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

This post has been edited by The J on May 11 2012, 01:12 PM
PMEmail Poster
Wanderer
Posted: May 11 2012, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

I heard that the Wangan scene has actually died down, being replaced by VIP style. Perhaps this is why. I'd still love to drive on there though.
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN
ryo510
Posted: May 11 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 1 hour, 57 minutes ago)
I heard that the Wangan scene has actually died down, being replaced by VIP style. Perhaps this is why. I'd still love to drive on there though.

I know how you PH33|_, I do hope Midnight club still exist though. the Wangan itself contain minor bends which is hard to find the apex point. Still we can feel the thrill of 300 km/h virtually on WMMT3.
PMEmail Poster
The J
Posted: May 11 2012, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

QUOTE (ryo510 @ 1 hour, 32 minutes ago)
I know how you PH33|_, I do hope Midnight club still exist though. the Wangan itself contain minor bends which is hard to find the apex point. Still we can feel the thrill of 300 km/h virtually on WMMT3.

It no longer exists. I can account for most of those people... I've had dinner with a few of them... The dream is over. The end.
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 11 2012, 08:41 PM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ryo510 @ 4 hours, 25 minutes ago)

Respect for the Midnight Club though, they're not your average (illegal) racing club, they're one of the best, having set strict rules for its members to follow. Their only downfall was the bosozoku who wanted to mess with them though, but their asses got handed over to them instead, with a few innocents and bosozoku getting injured and dying.

And with today's technology, clubs like these are more likely to get caught than not.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 12 2012, 04:30 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ 7 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Respect for the Midnight Club though, they're not your average (illegal) racing club, they're one of the best, having set strict rules for its members to follow. Their only downfall was the bosozoku who wanted to mess with them though, but their asses got handed over to them instead, with a few innocents and bosozoku getting injured and dying.

And with today's technology, clubs like these are more likely to get caught than not.

I'm aware of that. But I really want to know more about the Midnight Club, every info a magazine has, every details the internet mentioned and every rumor the people talks. The only information related to Midnight Club I can find from is in Wikipedia, video footage of some Skyline running 300km/h on the Wangan(youtube) and Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld.
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 12 2012, 06:23 AM
Quote Post

QUOTE (ryo510 @ 1 hour, 53 minutes ago)
I'm aware of that. But I really want to know more about the Midnight Club, every info a magazine has, every details the internet mentioned and every rumor the people talks. The only information related to Midnight Club I can find from is in Wikipedia, video footage of some Skyline running 300km/h on the Wangan(youtube) and Jeremy Clarkson's Motorworld.

Well, that's the closest we'll ever get, because they have decided to never speak of it again... though The J seems to know more than we do, maybe you can ask him.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 12 2012, 07:38 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

So Jay, I may look like a reporter but I'm only enthusiast on high speed phenomenon rather on going sideway. I really want to know more about them.
Anyway the Bayshore Route was used by Top Secret tuning company for testing their tuned Toyota Supra. It uses a v12 twin turbo produced by Toyota for the luxurious limousine Toyota Century.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1Qr6IZF14Y
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 12 2012, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

Member No.: 2,996

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ Yesterday, 11:40 AM)
I heard that highway police in Japan in general don't chase cars after they go over a certain speed (c'mon, try catching a tuned car in a stock police car? Unless the police car is tuned as well...).

The revival of Midnight Club, now that's someting.

Thats because their not stupid. they have cameras now. electricty can go faster then your car will ever achive.

when you can find something that will do 1,200mph in a second you let me know.

This post has been edited by S12 Drifter on May 12 2012, 10:58 AM
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
The J
Posted: May 12 2012, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

Mr Nagata of Top Secret is the one you refer to in the 300mph GT-R video. He's one of the few that are publicly recognized as having been a former member or at least having been a participant in some of the more notorious races. Many of the other former members though continue not to publicly disclose their involvement with the club and honestly quite a few have moved on with their lives. Out of respect for the ones I know personally I won't be too detailed but at least one who was a former resident of Yokohama, confessed to me that he was into a lot of drugs and shady business dealings back then. After a life of hard and fast living he was down on his luck, betrayed by his business partners and was diagnosed with diabetes. That was the last most people had heard of him. I know him today as a family man with several kids.. Turned to religion and goes to church every Sunday. That's the only anecdote I'll share though. Other than the general statement above I told those men I'd take what they told me to my grave and I intend to unless told otherwise.

This post has been edited by The J on May 12 2012, 11:23 AM
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 12 2012, 01:05 PM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

QUOTE (The J @ Today, 3:22 PM)
Mr Nagata of Top Secret is the one you refer to in the 300mph GT-R video. He's one of the few that are publicly recognized as having been a former member or at least having been a participant in some of the more notorious races. Many of the other former members though continue not to publicly disclose their involvement with the club and honestly quite a few have moved on with their lives. Out of respect for the ones I know personally I won't be too detailed but at least one who was a former resident of Yokohama, confessed to me that he was into a lot of drugs and shady business dealings back then. After a life of hard and fast living he was down on his luck, betrayed by his business partners and was diagnosed with diabetes. That was the last most people had heard of him. I know him today as a family man with several kids.. Turned to religion and goes to church every Sunday. That's the only anecdote I'll share though. Other than the general statement above I told those men I'd take what they told me to my grave and I intend to unless told otherwise.

you have a pm sir.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
The J
Posted: May 12 2012, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

"To my grave" means exactly that. Whether PM, on open forum, or in person. I can only say that I won't volunteer any knowledge of the whereabouts of any of the vehicles or members. I only piped in because someone seems to have had some misconceptions. It is doubtful that the club or anything properly like it will reform. It certainly won't happen with the original members. I'm of the opinion that it's a good thing there won't be another Midnight Club. The roads are safer without people trying to imitate that type of thing.

If you enjoy the glamour of backstory and history. Just stick to reading Wangan Midnight and Kanojo no Carrera mangas among others. The current state of highway racing in Tokyo kinda depresses me. A number of runners I'm familiar with (no affiliation to MC) have ended up getting killed in the last year and half due to sloppiness and idiocy both on their parts and others. Between that and people losing their licenses and cars from getting caught. It's not what it used to be.
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 12 2012, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

WME Racer

I'm guess no more huh, but thanks for the info I appreciate it. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Rotary Tuner
Posted: May 12 2012, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

We can all be thankful of virtual racing sims to provide us the thrill of speed while in the safety of our home. Better to be safe than sorry, as they say.
PMEmail Poster
Benovelence
Posted: May 13 2012, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

<3 InuSakuya~

Member No.: 5,032

well,good speech The J..Midnight Club IS THE BEST racing club in its era.But now its what year is now? 2012?

And games gives the opportunity to speed down the wangan line at max speed without risking your very lives..well,all in all just like The J said,street racing is not worth it..

with that said,GENKI!!!Y U NO MAKE NEW Shutokou Battle?

i guess most forum members knew that game.^^
PMEmail Poster
ryo510
Posted: May 13 2012, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

WME Racer

QUOTE (Rotary Tuner @ 3 hours, 22 minutes ago)
We can all be thankful of virtual racing sims to provide us the thrill of speed while in the safety of our home. Better to be safe than sorry, as they say.

Virtually huh? Shutoko Battle, WMMT, and what else? unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster
S12 Drifter
Posted: May 13 2012, 03:13 AM
Quote Post

Devil Z31

question i know you're like bound to secrecy but tell me this. Is the devil Z still alive?

if you cant answer that I suppose thats alright as well.
PMEmail PosterAOLYahoo
Wanderer
Posted: May 13 2012, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Buy me some Premix?

The "real" Devil Z and Blackbird part of the MC?
PMEmail PosterAOLMSN

Topic Options 4 Pages  1 2 3 » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll